Monday, May 10, 2010

May 5, 2010



I'm a little late with these pictures, but here they are anyway; more nature photos. We walked with Ebba to the bird lakes and saw a beautiful swan. His mate were building on a very large nest on a little island, and he had to keep us far away from there. As we were not planning to have a swim that day he had no problem with his mission.



If you don't like snakes, do not click on the picture above! It displays a black European viper that we met while walking back home, and it is quite detailed. Ebba and I went a long way around it, while Daniel brought the camera closer. The viper wasn't happy with that and hissed loudly.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow ~ I love snakes, but I don't think I'd want to get up that close to a venomous one! Great pictures. :-)

    http://molytail365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem with snakes ... as long as they are in a photo or in terrarium. Great shot of Daniel and very brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't dare click on the photo because i am scared of snakes...hehehe. but the swan photo is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great animal shots Especially the one of the snake is fantastic captures. How did you do that with the black curtain over the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your nice comments!
    Bentonflocke, I'm using two pictures, one showing here and another showing when you click the link/picture. When I made the small one in PS I put a black layer on top of the photo, and adjusted the opacity to 80%.

    ReplyDelete