Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 196



The red sign on the wall says "Emergency department", and that is where we spent most of the afternoon. Nothing life-threatening, don't worry! I've been having pain in my back for some days, and when we went for lunch today my back kind of like collapsed and I had an awful pain. Daniel decided that ER was a good idea, so we went there.

As my case wasn't in any way lethal, but required an orthopedic surgeon to have a look at it, we got to wait quite some time. 3 hours, to be precise. By then my back felt a little better, but the doctor did some exams to rule out any damages to the nerves, and concluded that it was just low back pain/lumbago. I got a prescription on some stronger pain-killers and was ordinated to not sit still but move around. Hopefully the pain will be a lot less until Friday when our vacation starts!

4 comments:

  1. Oh .. I wish the good improvement and hopefully a nice pain-free holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope it the pain goes away. you take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you too!!!?? Sorry Erika!!
    I now such pain and I hope for you that it goes soon away!!

    Cross all my fingers for you and vacation without pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Erika! I'm so sorry you hurt your back! I hope you feel better soon with the strong painkillers, and that you're able to go on vacation and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete