Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 365

The last day of the year, and last day of Project 365. It has been a fun year, and this project has really added something to it. However, I'm still not sure if I will carry on into 2010 with pics every day. We'll see. I will continue document our trip so a few days more will be daily pictures.

A huge thanks to everyone who has commented on my blog, it has been very appreciated, and I am so happy for the friends I have made during the year. Lots of good wishes to you all for the new year!



New Years eve started off with some shopping around the Union Square. For brunch we ended up at the Cheesecake Factory on top of Macy's. We sat outside on the terrace, and it was lovely!



My brunch consisted of beets with goat cheese and a strawberry daquiri. And of course a cheesecake. In my opinion there are way too much cream on it, but you don't have to eat it so I suppose it is ok.



Then we continued on with some sightseeing. Here is Lombard street, and "the crookiest street of the world". It is 40 degrees steep, and even walking it was tough.



I wanted to see the sea-lions at Pier 39, but just the days before we arrived they all suddenly went away. The week before there were 1500 sea-lions there, and today we saw only two. Strange.



For dinner we had made a reservation at an Italian restaurant close to the Bay Bridge. It was delicious!



Short before 12 o'clock we went out to see the fireworks on the bridge, and to toast in the new year.



The fireworks were amazing, they seemed to never end. Beautifully colored, even if it doesn't show too well in the picture.

This is the last picture of 2009, Day 365. Happy New year to you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Erika! That's so cute that you took a photo in front of Lombard Street again. I remember when you showed us the old photo of a very young and small you in front of Lombard Street. I heard about the seals going away! That is SO weird! I hope they're all okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Erika! Wonderful pictures to show - love the one of the fireworks most!!

    The collage of Pier 39 is also great.

    Wow to sit outside must be fantastic - we only had rain, rain, grey, wet and sometimes a bit of snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear, thou hast brought us in your year 2009. It was very interesting and I've seen and learned much new.

    ReplyDelete