Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 246



My parents are going to visit us this weekend, and we have promised to eat crawfish. Daniel and I went to the cottage by the lake after work to fish for the little creatures. And did we get some! The cages were filled to the brim, all eight, and we had to let most of the crawfish back into the water, only taking the best ones with us.

Here is the bucket with the crawfish in our kitchen, while we prepare the boiling water. I feel a little sorry for them, but there are definitely too many in the lake anyway. And they will be delicious once done.

2 comments:

  1. the bucket inside didn´t look good... but I love crawfish and eat them very often - my younger son, too!! Glad your parents are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they scream when you put them in the pot, like lobsters do? That's very cool you can just fish for them at the lake.

    ReplyDelete