Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 230



Today's been very sunny, but also very windy. We have a lot of rowan pomes this year, and according to old sayings that means a long, cold winter. We'll see about that. But I hope we at least get a lot of snow, winter with only mud and rain is really no fun.



I took the photo of the rowan on my walk with Ebba this afternoon. Suddenly while walking in the forest i saw a strange stick on the ground. I've been terribly scared of snakes earlier, and would probably had run off screaming if this had been two or three years ago.

But I've overcomed that somewhat, and today I had to turn back and have a look at the stick. Yes, like I suspected, it was a snake. Not really a snake, the slow-worm is actually a lizard without legs, but in my mind it count as a snake. I show you the pic if you click on the darked one above. Don't want to scare anyone, but I know Daniel and his mother likes to see it. =)

UPDATE: Zoey is back home again! She got back tonight to Linus mother's house, where she was during our Norway trip. We left on Friday, Zoey disapeared on Tuesday and have since then been gone four weeks. But tonight she sat on the poarch and told loud and clearly that she was back. They called immediately and I went there to pick her up. She lays besides me right now, in deep sleep. I think she will stay inside for a couple of days now! =)

4 comments:

  1. two fantastic shots! Love them both! I´ll cross the fingers for us all... that we´ll get a lot of snow... I agree with you..winter with only mud and rain isn´t funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. The images are lovely!! I love the one of the worm :) Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is a .. ähm in German "Blindschleiche"
    I do not know how it is translated, but it is not a snake!
    A great picture!
    Great, Zoey them again at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Erecca I'm glad you gave the option of clicking on the snake/worm photo to see it bigger, LOL. I'm a snake-phobe and hate anything long and slithering. Even if it's not an actual snake. I did click on the photo out of curiosity though. I would have ran away screaming like a little girl!

    So glad Zoey is back! I guess she had herself a good old time hunting down food somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete