Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 148



Thursday was another day for activities after work. Our manger had challenged us to join the "Blodomloppet". It translates into "blood run", and it is to rise awareness of the need to donate blood. Every spring the run is held in several cities, and it is a popular event.

Some of my friends from work met up at our place after work, and we then walked to the starting point. We walked the run, 5 kilometers (3.1 miles), with the crowd as seen in the picture (I did not feel ready to run that far yet). Unfortunately the weather was not on our side, and we got a lot of rain on us before we got to the finishing line. Anyway it was a fun event, and for a good cause. =)

2 comments:

  1. interesting post and picture! Glad you had a fun event.

    I´m now off for 2 weeks on our vacations! I´ll try to keep my project uptodate and to comment on other blogs. But I don´t know if I´m able to do ...

    Wish you a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Erika! Sounds like a great cause and a great walk/run! Here in the U.S. we have 5k races too!

    ReplyDelete