Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 341



We have relatives in the US, and every year before Christmas we get impressive letters that tell their whereabouts from the year. It is very interesting to read, but a little strange for us here in Sweden. Usually we only send cards for Christmas with a wish of a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

But my uncle compiles a complete letter to send to our relatives, and tells all about the happenings in our family. As he doesn't feel confident to write in English, I get to translate it for him. And that is what I have been doing tonight!

5 comments:

  1. wow.. that seems to be a very long letter!! very interesting. nice to be updated! i haven't received anything like that from any family member. happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know these complete letters from a friend of mine! We also send only christmas cards with wishes.

    Oh before I forgot.. are you interested in a christmas card from Germany? Gabs is having a Christmas card project - but I´m not taking part of it because I do not share my private adress with everyone. Only with a few special persons .... like you.. so if you want...please mail me your adress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard work to write such a long letter short before christmas!! Nice idea but I think I'll keep on writing only cards ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice gesture ....
    We send only the usual greetings, but in such a beautiful letter would be very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, it does seem to be a yearly obligation to do the "Christmas letter" that updates everybody on what happened the whole year. This year, I'm just going to provide a link to my blog and say, "Look here and read about all 365 of my days"!

    ReplyDelete