Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 354



Another cold and snowy day. We took Ebba for a walk and when we got back home Linus was eager to play with his "pulka" (is there an English word for the blue thing he is riding on?). Linus rode it down the hill and Ebba ran alongside, trying to stop it or at least have a real bite of it. And the procedure repeated itself again and again and again, until Daniel and I was too cold and we all had to go inside again.



Later in the evening we made the first Christmas candy; knäck. It is kind of the stuff inside the Daim, only a little more chewy. To make it you boil whipping cream, sugar and syrup for about 10-12 minutes, and then pour it into small cups. The pouring part is tricky, as the knäck is very sticky, but Daniel did an excellent job!

3 comments:

  1. yummy, yummy Erika - I love Daim!! I should try your recipe - it sounds delicious!!

    Fantastic shot of Linus - we haven´t got enough snow yet to go sledding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mhmm yummy....

    Yes sledding is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sledding photo is simply fantastic and looked like so much fun! I would love to taste knack, it looked so good and tasty!

    My dad has been to Finland before and he brought me back some sticky candy... I wonder if it's similar...

    ReplyDelete