Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 163



Mmm, these are our dinner tonight; blue mussels! We bought them fresh from our grocery store, and then Daniel steamed them with onion, red pepper, parsley and a little wine. I made some garlic bread and it all turned out delicious.



And this is the dessert; vanilla ice cream with strawberries, galia melon and mango.

I thought I should clarify some about the herring dinner the other night (lots of food pics now). For Easter and Christmas the pickled herring is just part of the smörgåsbord, with lots of other stuff (so you wouldn't have to stay hungry, Maike =). For midsummer it is pretty common to eat just the pickled herring with new potatoes for lunch, but later in the evening we will have a barbecue.

5 comments:

  1. I love mussels! Yours look delicious. I've never cooked any myself, I would like to try it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhmm That looks delicious! I come to dinner! : o)

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not very fond of mussels but the photo is great :)) The desert looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmh the mussels are looking so delicious! For me and my younger son one of our favorite food.

    Pickled herring is nothing for me, but for my DH

    Wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they really look good!!! they make my mouth water...hahaha. good you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete