Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 105

There will be two pics today, cause I couldn't decide which one to show.



This is from our walk with Ebba, it's the view from the little hill out over the meadows where we so often walk. I took a picture here in January, quite a difference, hu? ;)



The other picture shows what I have been doing all night after we got in from the walk: working on my family history. I have just subscribed to an online service where one can search for and read old parish registers from different counties in Sweden.

It is very interesting trying to find out where my relatives was born and lived their life's. I realises many times that it was a hard life hundred or two hundred years ago, and I'm very lucky to are born in these times.

In the middle of the picture is my mothers' great grandfathers birth note, and the year is 1858.

10 comments:

  1. Great view from that hill!

    One of my familymembers made a family tree a while ago, it's very interesting to see. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s fantastic to work on a family history!

    I do the same.. where did you subscribed? And is it only for Sweden?

    Do you know a international online service which is serious?

    I didn´t dare to subscribe at an english online service because of my terrible english acquirements

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are turning green ;-) Family history that is something to show. Very nice Good luck and hope you are finding the info you need. ;-) Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the hill and good luck in searching your family history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's really fantastic! good luck on getting it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful that you are charting your family's history. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. We have many people whose families came from Scandavia in Oregon and Washignton. I imagine that many of your family members are related to people around here. My Grandmother's family came from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Everything is becoming more green every day! What a great hobby you have to research your genealogy. My ancestors are from China and I don't think they kept very good records, plus I can't read Chinese. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the first picture with the view I had known before ...
    Nice to you your history as far back can pursue ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an amazing research you are doing!! i wish i can do the same...but i doubt if we have that in my country....

    ReplyDelete