Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 114



We had an almost summer-like day today; all sunshine and up to 20C (68F). When I got home from work I decided it was time to mowe the lawn for the first time this year. It was not too long, but with this cylinder mower it has to be pretty short to get a good result.

We have a tiny lawn, it only takes me five minutes to mowe it. You can almost see all of it in this picture. But I really like it this way, we just don't have the time to handle a real garden.

Someone else is also enjoying the sun... Zoey was thrilled to get out in the afternoon, and twisted and turned on the stones for a while before she went off.

8 comments:

  1. Now the garden is also working again .... belongs to the spring and summer and I love the smell of freshly cut grass ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the smell of fresh cut grass is wonderful!

    Great shots Erika!!

    Wish you a wonderful weekend and hope you can enjoy the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looked like you enjoyed mowing!! and your cat seems to enjoy her sun bath... happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so relaxed mowing your lawn :) DH always does ours, It's a little to llarge for my taste *s*.

    Zoey looks like she is enjoing herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a mower like that last year and my dh loves it. Now our yard is very large so he doesn't mow all of it with that mower but it is nice up close to the house where the grass seems to grow faster. We had a light temp today of 82 degrees, the first of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, your doing a good job!

    Love the picture of Zoey in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice to have a fresh, mowed lawn. Your cat's tummy is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how green the grass is already! That's the right amount of grass for me too! I love all the bicycles in the background.

    ReplyDelete