Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 72



Funny Friday, hu? ;-) This is me, in the bathroom where we have the washing machine, using my wringer before folding the clean towels.

I've always loved wringed (is that a word?) towels and bed sheets, and for a birthday some years ago my parents gave me this orange, electrical wringler. It doesn't fit in our black and white bathroom, so normally it is covered with a white blanket, and I doesn't use it that often.

Tonight I saw this pile of towels on it, and decided to attend to them. It isn't more than a 10 minutes job, but I feel very content afterwards. :) And the photo setup included both my gorillapod and the new camera remote control!

Edit: Sorry, I misspelled, it should be wringer, or mangle, maybe that have added to the confusion. :) Anyway it is used to press the dry, or somewhat moist, towels to make them take up lesser space once folded, and to make them softer.

15 comments:

  1. Is that an iron or does it squeeze the water out of them? I've never seen one here in the U.S. Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that an iron? If it is what a fantastic idea! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have never seen one of those - thats awesome! Fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo, and never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an interesting thing. thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat appliance, I bet it really makes a difference once you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I was signed in as my dh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Erika, do you have really flat towels and sheets? :) I also have a gorillapod, but I've only used it once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow 10 minutes which is really fast, I always take a little longer gg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know a mangle ;-) My mother used it for the bedclothes or tableclothes.
    But what is a gorillapod? A small tripod with movable legs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. in Germany mangles are known!

    Fantastic shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I think that is a shortage (Mangles) ...
    I like ironing or not so happy . =( unfortunately ... but if I do it times - then yes, I am also happy with me and my work ... You're right! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is so cool ... never heard of something like that! I would love that. You should see what a mess all our cloth napkins and towels are! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great! I find I have only be capturing my kids during my project 365 and you have inspired me to be in more pictures. Must give hubby a crash course with the camera... :) Great shot and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that idea! I've never seen or heard of one before, but now I'll be on the lookout! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete