Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 84



We had to go grocery shopping today, and this is the place we go to most often to do weekly shopping. The chain is named ICA, and this kind of store is a Maxi, which is their largest kind of grocery store. They have food, as well as a lot of other stuff including clothes, books, DVDs and Cd's. There is always something fun to look at.

When there aren't any time over to stroll the mall this ICA Maxi is the closest to "fun shopping" I get. I like to go through the cosmetics, clothes and shoes sections, but Daniel pushes me to hurry up so we can finish grocery shopping and get out of there. :P

Notice the sign to the right? That is the sign indicating family parking. Some of the spots close to the entrance are extra wide and dedicated to families so that they can more easily unload the kids. Kind of neat actually.

And yes, we got sunshine today! :) -8C cold this morning, but the sun is back which causes the snow to be almost gone again.

10 comments:

  1. Seems you had a fun shopping day!!

    Wonderful to hear something about the sun... today it was the whole day snowing, raining, snowing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus 8 is sooooo cold! Glad you at least saw some sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the colorful picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting looking grocery store--it looks huge. I always appreciated the parking for parents with toddlers when my kids were little. Not very many stores here have that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is fantastic that there is family parking. Ikea has it here since it is Scandavian, but most places do not.
    Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mega stores. In the USA we have Super Target and Super Walmart that are similar and have everything. That's really neat that they have family parking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing I noticed of your picture was the BLUE sky!! Long time ago I saw such a blue sky here!
    Arn't these family parkings normal? We have a lot "mother and child" parking places here ore just for women ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family parking? VERY cool!!!! Great photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrr!! So cold. We were sweating yesterday, so I had on shorts and a t-shirt to do my errands!! Love the mega stores too. We don't have any right near my home anymore, but when my boys were small, we had a Fred Meyer like this up in Washington state, and it was SO wonderful. I could pick up everything in one stop. Love how they have the family parking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uii minus 8 degrees ... but you have beautiful sunshine. For us it's raining ... : o (but next week should the spring come ... Oh I know from our ICA Sweden holidays ... but I love Willys: o)

    ReplyDelete