Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 90



Our tax-papers arrived in the mail today, and inspired by Christine I made it my picture of the day (although her photo is a lot more fun!). In Sweden most of us can't hardly say we "do our taxes" anymore; we get the pre-filled paper, check that it is correct, sign and hand it in, or, even easier, log into an Internet page and sign it off.

With the actual tax-document came a brochure describing how to read the figures and to fill in any other activities. On the front where a little black cat with the computer or phone that they recommend you use to sign it off. In my eyes it is totally uncalled for, but quite cute!

The top right corner says "Skatteverket", that's our IRS.

12 comments:

  1. Ugh - I hate doing taxes......
    Nice idea for a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to do the Tax, too... thanks for that frienly reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not often you get cute kittens on tax returns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my favorite time of year but it is interesting how they do it in your country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finished ours early. I am glad it is over. I hope your process goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to do the tax in Sweden is very easy. I'm happy to have a tax consultant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish our taxes in the U.S. is that easy. Our IRS code has changed so much and there are so many rules... way too complicated now. I took tax accounting in college but I still don't like it. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! Great post. Good luck with your taxes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so easy! We're still gathering all our paper work (A LOT OF IT!) to get our taxes done. LOTS of work!

    Love that the IRS has a kitty cat cartoon on the brochure, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh .. I think the tax is widely hated in the world! I have still this month in front of me, but it is that simple, unfortunately not with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish our taxes were that easy. My husband spent the other day getting everything put together, and he has to meet with our tax preparer this week...I hope there is some way that we won't have to pay as much as I think we are going to have to!

    ReplyDelete